Monday, April 17, 2017

moestuintje and other new plein air paintings

 

 "New nest"
15x15 cm / 6x6 inch
oil on panel
$60
 
Right outside my window is a coot on her nest. She and her man have been so busy making the nest twig by twig, this was the first stage of it. I want to make more paintings of the progress over time, I can't wait for the offspring!
 "Moestuintje"
15x15 cm / 6x6 inch
oil on panel
$60

These vegetable gardens (moestuintjes) are everywhere around my house. Every Dutch person will recognise this. You get them with temporarily with your grocery shopping and they are a real hype with the kids at the moment. It's a challenge to collect them all and to see what happens when you pland the seeds. This cucumber babyplant stood in the sun so nicely, bending slightly towards the light.
 "Ducklings"
6x6 inch / 15x15 cm
oil on panel
$60
 
Little ducks everywhere (not the coot yet), supercute! Protective motherducks around them. They are swimming like crazy to keep up with eachother. Survival of the fittest has begun.

 "Eating bunnys"
6x6 inch / 15x15 cm
 oil on panel
$60

So, ducks, bunny's, I am totally in the easter theme. These are my 3 angora bunny's. A quick sketch, they were eating so nicely side by side. I love the fluffy ears of Floor, the middle one, I think the ears improved the composition.

Happy easter!







No comments:

Post a Comment